Thursday, October 21, 2010

Letter #9 I No Longer Doubt

Family!!!
Wow I have so much to say! Im here in brazil with my new comp and she is great! But first ill start with my last week. And I dont have the blinking 30 min countdown so that is nice... also amber i have to buy the recording of zoe so i dont know when ill be able to listen to it but ill try next week.
OK last week was amazing. I tried to take in everything i could before i left. On wed we learned a brasilian marshal arts it was so great i was sore for a week from doing high kicks ha ha. on thursday i had a really hard time with this brazilian that wasnt very nice and it was the first time that has happened so i prayed for patience and everything was okay and then i played basquete= basketball for the last time with all the elders and i got third place im going to miss playing. on saturday was our last offiicial class with our teachers and our last TRC which is when you go and teach in a situation and then you get evaluated. my comps and i did great. I felt really good about it. the other comps in my district were frusturated but my comps and i had been praying to do well and we did! then our morning teacher didnt show up and i was super bummed bc it was our last class. so this sister came in to replace him and i was kind of complaining cause she wanted us to practice more right after the trc. but there was a definite reason why our first teacher missed the bus. she bore her testimony and her story about the gift of tongues she had to learn two languages in her mission and it gave us alot of comfort. i no longer doubt why things change or dont always go as planned bc sometimes god needs you to hear something that you didnt know you needed.. Then on sunday it was the girls last meeting. this is where the new girls say where they are from and the old sisters like me bear their testimony. i was really nervous bc there were only brazilians and two americans. so they left me for last of course and i started really calm and collected and then it hit me.. im leaving. i looked at my good friend sister dunford and she was crying. she has meant alot to me this past three weeks and im going to miss her. i started to express how much i loved the ctm and i know that god will be there for me when i leave. by the end everyone was crying. it was super spiritual. afterwards my roommates and i prayed for comfort before bed and it was the most sincere pray i have ever felt. i felt like the spirit was telling me everything was going to be okay. on monday we took a ton of pics and said our last minute goodbyes. it was really bittersweet. mom- i will send the disc home asap. have you seen the videos we took or anything? my instructor will email you. o and i also met the woofindens they are so nice!
so tuesday i left alone again. no one was flying with me so i was super nervous to get lost in the airport or something cause that would happen to me. but everything was fine i found and made it on the flight. i wasnt sure who to look for to pick me up. am sure i was wide and confused bc i walked right past my mission pres and his wife ha. before i knew it arms were around me saying bem vindo. ha it was the cute wife of the president. mom you would love her!!! i love her! she is so cute and little and stylish ha. they took me into the car and yes they speak a little english so it was nice. they took me to lunch bc i was the only one that got ´picked up. the place was so good, so much meat-dad you would love it. i got to know them and thier family and they told me all about belo. then he took me to the office had an interview and i met my companion!! she is AMERICAN yay her name is sister clement from logan utah. she is soooo great! this is her last transfer so i only have 4 more weeks with her. she loves to surf and has my same major ummm what ya so legit!!! she is so on top of it too she isnt slacking at all and i want to be just like her at the end. its a blessiing to have her. these past two weeks she has been with a member companion waiting for me. so i started asking how the area is going and she said well we have 3 baptisms on sunday....um what ya 3 BAPTISMS. my first one i get to have three!! im so excited! she is really hard working and as soon as we left we had 6 appointments.
so my first appointment was with camila and roberto they are getting baptised on sunday and we had to teach them the plan of salvation. so i didnt know what to expect super nervous. o also my area is called venda nova its about an hour oustide of downtown belo. its super poor. and they were not kidding about the hills here so i broke out the chacos ah. anyway we get there and she said were here and i turned and this wooden door barely attatched, a man welcomed us in with open arms. there house is two rooms with dirt floor. i was so humbled because they were so happy. i felt the spirit so strong in our lesson even though i didnt say much other then my testimony. she said that she wanted them to feel the spirit really strong one more time before thier baptism and when she asked me to bear my testimony she said thats when they felt it the strongest. it was great my first real appointment in the mission field i loved it! some of the next appointments fell through but we found some more people. its the rainy season right now and you never know when it will down pour. all the sudden we were walking home and we heard this boom sound and she said its goingto rain and i was like what bam i was socked ha it was kind of funny cause that doesnt happen at home.
okay i dont have much time left but i want to tell you about last night. well yes mom our pday is on wed but i didnt have enough time to email bc my comp had to go to the police office to renew her visa. we take the bus everywhere and my first experience on the bus was hilarious its like a ride you litterally fly when your in the back and pedestrians do not have the right away here ha i want everyone to experience the busses here i find excuses to take the bus ha. lauren- times the the u of u bus by ten. okay also the food here is so good i had an empinada yesterday and wanted to die it was so goood!!! okay so after pday is over at 6 we went tracting and had some appointments. my comp is so intune with the spirit she just goes places and i dont question it. okay the last door last night she goes okay well do this one and we can go eat it was 815 and we hadnt eaten all day, so instead of complaning i went with it. by the way the brazilians here are so nice they always give you water and let you in to give you food even if they dont want to here what you have to stay its actually kind of funny. so we clapped at this one door and a man said we could come in. it was a married evangelical couple. i loved them right away idk why i just did they were so nice and kind. i started the lesson well tried and said if you open your hearts you will feel the spirit. so then sister clement started teaching they had really good questions and were into it. she started talking about joseph smith and they were alittle confused but then she bore testimony and the room was silent the women looked at me and said she could feel it and showed me her arm with goosebumps. i was so happy. then she slowly preceded to ask if they would get baptized the 31 of oct and the husband after about 15 secs said yes and the wife also said yes! yayyyy i wanted to jump or do something. but the spirit was so strong i couldnt move. we made a second apptment and told them how happy i was for them. they were just ready to hear the gospel that was my first time to the holy ghost baring witness that they needed to take this step towards our heavenly father. after we said goodbye i did a little baptism dance my comp thought that was wierd but sometimes i think it is necessary. she is sooo great and i want to do my best to help her and learn from her before she leaves. im so blessed to be here i love it. its hard sometimes becuase your going none stop but i have already seen the blessings that come from obedience to this work. i have to go but i love you all and know that i have a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel everyone wants this everyone needs this in their lives we just have to show them how it can be done..

i love you all!love sister Corbin

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I miss Aubree!! Glad she has an awesome companion though :)

    ReplyDelete